Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Looking for Work

Isn't that how it always is?  The actor looking for work.  Always in between jobs.  There are jobs, no matter how long apart they are, I'm still an actress and singer.  That's what I do, that's who I am.  


Today in my therapist's office I was once again obsessing about money and how to make more.  She suggested Craig's List as a way to find things that would be relevant to my life or at least give me ideas as to what's out there.  Why hadn't I thought of Craig's List before?  It's perfect.  So, I went looking on their site today and did find something that I'm very interested in: A management position with DCM, a leading Telemarketing Company for the Performing Arts. Located in Midtown Manhattan (perfect, that's where I live).  Looking for someone with a passion & firm belief in the relevance of the arts (again perfect).  Computer skills, team player & a motivator (yes, perfect).  Prior telemarketing, sales or fund raising experience a must (okay, not so perfect).  I do have skills in these areas, but the resume for them is so old.  However, I think my involvement as a Class Parent & PTA Executive Board member at my daughter's school counts for something.  As well as working the phone banks for the Obama campaign.  


So, this has gotten me excited.  Doing something is always good. I'm an actress, singer, wife, mother, athlete, vegetarian.  The order changes depending on the day.  I'm proud of all those things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment