Friday, February 5, 2010

It's a rough time right now

Currently I'm devoting a lot of attention to my daughter's school, The Clinton School for Writers and Artists.  The DOE has proposed that Clinton move temporarily to a new school until a new one can be secured.  Without going into too much detail, as a member of the PTA Executive Board, the Relocation Committee & Class Parent, this is consuming my life.  I somehow manage to have plenty of time to spend with my two year old son, but when I'm not doing that, it's Clinton! I've given myself the deadline of February 24th, after the panel makes a decision on whether we move or stay, to stop working on this.  I need a break.  The horrible part of this whole deal, is that our moving into a new school, means that the students occupying that space have to be relocated as well, and they are physically handicapped students who don't want to leave either!  What a screwy system we have.  We have hearings coming up next week where our parents can vent, ask questions, express concerns.  

I've said this to myself before, if I spent this much time working on my career as I do all the Clinton stuff, I might have a career!  So, I have to refocus.  I was feeling optimistic the other day, but I guess that's what being under employed does, you feel good one day, horrible the next.  My stress level is at an all time high.    My husband, Jake Daehler, says that this is the most financially stressful time of his life, but he has me.  That's nice.  This is the most financially stressful time of my life and I have stress!! 

Trying to get back on track physically. I ran today at the gym.  Did that twice this week and will most likely either go to the gym again tomorrow or go to Luigi.  Luigi is the best.  In 2002, my friend, Tony Roberts, told me about this dance teacher who would change my life.  He's right.  His class is terrific.  It's perfect for every body & every age.  It's a perfect compliment to the running.  This class was so great while I was pregnant, too.  Loved it.  I think I'll call a friend and go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment