Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Acting - Nice Work IF You Can Get It

Not a very original title, but I had this terrific audition last week where I could do no wrong (except get the part) and a rehearsal for this long running show I'd been a part of, "Rendezvous - An Evening with Brel, Piaf, Aznavour and Friends. Working on these, I knew how much I loved being an actor and a singer. The Rendezvous rehearsal was to make sure we're in shape in case we get bookings because our producer, Terry Moyer, is putting us out there again. It had been two years since we last worked together and we picked up right where we left off. It was fun!




A couple of blurry rehearsal pictures from Rendezvous rehearsal at my home. I have this wonderful piano that never gets used. It's wonderful to have the apartment filled with music. The talent of this cast is amazing: Greg Purnhagen, Katie Geissinger, Philip Anderson and at the piano Tex Arnold.

It's always nice to work. Rejection, rehearsals with no apparent performance, and opening and closing nights happening on the same evening are part of this business. Doesn't make me love it any less.

No comments:

Post a Comment