Saturday, October 9, 2010

Monologue Workshop Going Great!

The monologue workshop is off to a great start. We've had two classes, and the girls (no boys this 'round) are working on their second monologue. We've been doing improvs, cold readings, and working on introductions. Too much "ums" and "uhs" but that's why we're practicing!

The girls were much better prepared the second class and are excited about their pieces. Their first monologue choices were all good. I've given them a second one. Nice contrast, too. Trying to explain to the kids that they don't need a happy and a sad piece. Contrasting can also mean different moods or character. They all have that. We need to continue to work on staging and presentation.

I've said this many times before, but I want the kids to be happy and learn something they didn't know before. The High School audition process here in New York is very competitive, with thousands of kids auditioning for a few spots. I would love for all my students to get into the school of their dreams, however, what I really hope for, is that they feel good about what they've accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment